History (in english)
The foundation decree of the Normal School was signed on January, 1910. The school was the major factor of cultural tranformation for all population levels, specially for those periferical neighbourhoods. Tirso Lorenzo, a Lincoln journalist and the "Heraldo" director said: "The Normal School created the spiritual life that Lincoln needed when its material life began to decrease. Lincoln´s life was inmerse in a common style of all farming empires, the society needed to be encouraged in orden to avoid the shadowed concept of its rural mediocrity, it needed the stimulus of a culture which was going to bring the infrastructure for a superior education".
We also remember that provincial teachers, some of them with a forth or a sixth grade level from a common school, were working as teachers and at the same time they were studying in La Plata taking exams to obtein their kindergarten teacher title, they were also allowed to teach until forth grade.
Some of them wouldn´t stop there and increased their teacher´s knowledge obtaining a "complementary teacher´s title".
Since the foundation until 1925 the school was known as "Normal Mixed School of Lincoln", but on December 18th 1924, María Clotilde Lardani de Delmas, the Headmaster, sent to the Ministry a note saying: ....we, representing all the manifestations, etc......., request that this School, the higher cultural institution of this city, could be renamed as "Abraham Lincoln".....Later, a decree was passed by the Ejecutive Power of the Nation and on April 17th 1925 it was named "Abraham Lincoln". The baptism ceremony was held on 18th July in the same year.